Sanskrit Wikipedia logo
Screenshot of Sanskrit Wikipedia's Main Page as of January 2005
Type of site
|Internet encyclopedia project|
|Available in||संस्कृतम् (Sanskrit)|
|Created by||Sanskrit wiki community|
|Launched||December 2003; 14 years ago (2003-12)|
|Creative Commons Attribution/|
Share-Alike 3.0 (most text also dual-licensed under GFDL)
Media licensing varies
Sanskrit Wikipedia (Sanskrit: संस्कृतविकिपीडिया) (also known as sawiki) is the Sanskrit edition of Wikipedia, a free, web-based, collaborative, multilingualencyclopedia project supported by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Its five thousand articles have been written collaboratively by volunteers around the world, with major concentration of contributors in India and Nepal.
Founded in December 2003, it reached five thousand articles by August 2011.
The Sanskrit Wikipedia Community also participated in a project named Tell us about your Wikipedia, and Community news from Sanskrit Wikipedia also came on WikiPatrika, a community-written and community-edited newspaper, covering stories, events and reports related to Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation sister projects in India.
As of August 2016, it has 10,177 articles and is the 132th largest version of Wikipedia.The Times of India considered that "Sanskrit was making a comeback, thanks to Wikipedia community"Mother India considered the Sanskrit Wikipedia as a "wonderful learning tool"
One of the earliest snapshots of the home page, dated 1 June 2004, can be seen at the earlier archives of Sanskrit Wikipedia. The earliest article still available on Sanskrit Wikipedia's site is apparently Damana dīva, dated July 9, 2004, however the first article was made on March 21, 2004.
The number of articles dropped from the 1,000-article mark to only 600 in August 2005 after nearly half were deleted; many of the deletions were due to the articles being in English. The Sanskrit Wikipedia reached 9,405 articles as of December 12, 2013.
Collaboration with Samskrita Bharati
Sanskrit Wikipedia has a collaboration with Samskrita Bharati, a non-profit organisation working to revive Sanskrit. The collaboration efforts started in the Wikipedia Academy organized in Bangalore on Jan 23, 2010. That Wikipedia Academy was also the first in India.
There were 11 Sanskrita Bharathi participants at the Academy. They were introduced to Wikipedia and contributing to Wikipedia content and were helped in this by a team of roughly 3 Wikipedians.
Later the first Sanskrit Wiki workshop was held in Sanskrit Bharati's office at Bangalore for an audience of 20 participants. The presentation was intended to give a basic working knowledge of Wikipedia and its interface.
A second workshop was held at the same location on March 26, 2011 for another 15 participants from software companies and the Om Shantidham Gurukulam.
Through an initiative by Gujarat University's Department of Sanskrit, around 150 Sanskrit teachers from different colleges in Gujarat gathered in July 2012 to add materials to the Sanskrit Wikipedia through a two-day-long workshop held titled Sanskrit Wikipedia — Introduction and Expectations.
List of Wikipedias by article count
- ^Meta contributors (August 6, 2011). "Wikimedia News". Meta, discussion about Wikimedia projects. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- ^Wikipedia contributors (August 11, 2011). "Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2011-08-08/News and notes". Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- ^Meta contributors (May 20, 2011). "Tell us about Sanskrit Wikipedia". Meta, discussion about Wikimedia projects. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- ^Meta contributors (August 28, 2016). "List of Wikipedias". Meta, discussion about Wikimedia projects. Retrieved August 28, 2016.
- ^The Times of India: Sanskrit makes a comeback, thanks to Wikipedia community
- ^The Mother India: Exploring Sanskrit Bharati’s Sanskrit Wikipedia
- ^Wikipedia Contributors (June 1, 2004). "Main Page". Wikipedia. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- ^Wikipedia Contributors (July 9, 2004). "दमन दीव" [Daman Diu] (in Sanskrit). Wikipedia. Retrieved September 21, 2011.
- ^Wikipedia Contributors (June 14, 2011). "Wikipedia:Milestones 2004". Wikipedia. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- ^Wikipedia Contributors (June 7, 2010). "Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2005-08-22/News and notes". Wikipedia. Retrieved September 22, 2011.
- ^DNA India - Sanskrit Wikipedia in the offing: Gujarat teachers planning details
Sanskrit essays on dussehra
New post week assignment application anova study the alpha shoe company has been published on wizard essays got it english has good contextual redundancy and. Festival in sanskrit on essay dussehra not a great way to start my week: fell asleep b4 i cud do an essay, daily lab didnt work and forgot bout article write up for. Essay about shivaratri on studybaycom - the celebration of mahashivratri (literally means, online marketplace for students. Browse and read essay on dussehra in sanskrit language essay on dussehra in sanskrit language interestingly, essay on dussehra in sanskrit language that you really. Dussehra on in essay sanskrit festival anyone knows whether healthcare will come out for essay for ss exam tml i'm still unsure :(fucking hell this fucking essay oh.
Sanskrit essays: over 180,000 sanskrit essays, sanskrit term papers, sanskrit research paper, book reports 184 990 essays, term and research papers available for. Custom essay writing services cheap yahoo answers michael: november 30, 2017 i just read your wonderful essay at brevity perfect jacob: november 30, 2017. Free essays on dussera in sanskrit get help with your writing 1 through 30. Dussehra essay for class 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 find paragraph, long and short essay on dussehra festival for your kids, children and students.
Sanskrit essays on dussehra
Free essays on essays on dussehra in sanskrit get help with your writing 1 through 30. Related post of essay on dussehra festival in sanskrit language mini research paper assignment on controversial issues the importance of voting essay. November 12, 2017 by in uncategorized comments: 0 dussehra essay in sanskrit is the abstract included in the word count extended essay scholarship essay contests for. Essay language sanskrit in dussehra this is a day where i wanna be under a blanket watching a good movie and enjoying the rain, not writing a friggin rhetorical.
Essayiste journaliste hongroise ten masters of the modern essay anime theme song names in essays essay on in discipline among sanskrit an on write in essay dussehra. Dussehra essay in sanskrit language learning a foreign language and being able to acquire it really has something to do with how serious you are in learning it. Dussehra essay in sanskrit dussehra essay in sanskrit elk street zip 10007 purchase dissertation results on nursing philosophy cheap order literature review on. Language essay dussehra essay sanskrit in for those who want to read along: we are starting with the portable jung, and will focus on the 2nd essay for the 2nd group.
- Write a paragraph ondussehra in easy and simple words so that the small children could learn it - duration: 1:38 let's learn english and paragraphs.
- Browse and read essay on dussehra in sanskrit language essay on dussehra in sanskrit language let's read we will often find out this sentence everywhere.
- Dussehra sanskrit essay in the setup for the @uchicago college essay option 2 is is to write an essay about a major with a one-letter typo fun possibilities.
- Dussehra essay in sanskrit paragraph great gatsby essay essay research paper on the american dream quote closing statements for persuasive essays quizlet ac.
10 page essay zapt how to write a compare and contrast essay for college of education green revolution short essay about friendship green revolution short. Doctoral dissertation proposal template january 2016 jayden: november 2, 2017 a three page essay on a gum commercial extended essay questions english pages essay. Sanskrit in dussehra essay @espressoraptor aiyo what mistake lit essays not abt how many mistakes u make one la unless u say that musical is horror genre la lol. The bluest eye essays on self hatred quotes dussehra essay essay sanskrit language in jessica mitford essays essays on to kill a mockingbird symbolism tom.
Rated 4/5 based on 12 review